UL offers a complete portfolio of services for the dietary supplement industry, including quality assurance solutions, regulatory compliance testing, and global market access programs, to meet consumer and regulatory demands for high-quality dietary supplements.
Partner with UL to maximize your business efficiencies by working with one global provider.
UL’s Consumer and Retail Service team has led the field in developing industry standards and test methods, to help clients in the advancement of effective quality assurance programs for their dietary supplement products.
Our quality assurance solutions include testing the purity and potency of raw ingredients and finished products, independent accredited GMP audits, and quality inspections to help achieve current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) compliance. This includes:
- Product specification development
- Independent accredited GMP assessments
- Standard operating procedure development and implementation
- Microbiological quality assessment
- Stability studies for expiration dating
- Sensory evaluations and consumer panels
- Supplement testing for purity/potency and contaminants for regulatory compliance
- Regulatory label reviews
- Regulatory consultation
UL uses recognized test methods to help products meet global standards, including U.S., Japanese and European pharmacopeia.